Precision Hardware Stamping Application
- Automobile: The automobile industry needs millions of complex parts every year. These components are designed for all products, from electrical systems to frames. A particularly common application of precision metal stampings is terminals and electrical connectors, which are usually two-part socket and lug designs and require high durability. Other common automotive applications include wire forms, brackets, and hangers.
- Aerospace: Components manufactured for the aerospace industry must meet strict standards, because the safety of the public and employees depends on the durability, error free nature of each component, and are manufactured to incredibly precise tolerances. The aerospace industry usually uses precision metal stamping to manufacture supports, bushings, shielding, clips and other parts
- Medical treatment: Medical equipment is essential for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Components for these applications must be made of materials that are easy to disinfect and must be free from contaminants or defects. Precision metal stamping is an ideal choice for medical applications, including temperature probes, surgical equipment, artificial limbs, etc.
- Electronic: Complex precision components can help to safely transmit energy to consumers. Common applications in the electronics industry include sockets, circuit breakers, and fuse boxes.
- Electrical appliances: high-quality stamped metal parts are crucial for the normal and long-term operation of complex electrical systems. These include household appliances such as stoves, ovens and dishwashers, as well as irrigation systems and HVAC units.
- Renewable energy: The renewable energy industry is developing very fast and needs special components to meet the demand. Applications of precision metal stampings include solar panel wiring, aluminum frames, and inverter and controller housings.
- Special parts: because this process is difficult to customize, manufacturers use it for complex or highly specialized projects, such as tiny printer wheels.
Notes on precision metal stamping
Although this process has many advantages in various industries, it is not an ideal choice for every project. When considering whether to use this process, several key factors need to be considered: design accuracy, material characteristics, order quantity, etc.